REPORT: BEN AFFLECK WALKS AWAY FROM MOVIE PROJECT TO FOCUS ON WELLNESS & FAMILY
Ben Affleck has dropped out of Netflix’s Triple Frontier to focus on his health and personal life, according to multiple reports. The actor has decided to "take some time to focus on his wellness and his family," Deadline reports.
The thriller, helmed by JC Chandor, is expected to move on without him, according to Deadline. The movie has been in the works since 2009. It has been through a lot of changes already: Tom Hardy and Channing Tatum dropped out in April, and Affleck joined in May. Mark Boal (of The Hurt Locker and Zero Dark Thirty fame) wrote the screenplay.
- It hasn't been an easy year for Affleck. In January, Affleck stepped down as director of Warner Bros.’ The Batman. He remains on that project as the lead character and a producer.
- In March, he revealed that he had just completed another stint in rehab for alcohol addiction.
- This Spring, he and estranged wife Jennifer Garner finally filed for divorce. They pair officially split up in 2015. They share three children together: Violet, 11, Seraphina, 8 and Samuel, 5.
- Most recently, it emerged that Affleck is dating Saturday Night Live producer Lindsay Shookus, and many have pegged the beginning of their romance to when he was still married to Garner.
ROSIE O'DONNELL SPARKS OUTRAGE WITH TRUMP-KILLING GAME
Rosie O’Donnell has caused an uproar for tweeting about an online game in which players are encouraged to push President Donald Trump off a cliff, down a manhole or into a smoking volcano. He can also be fed to a hungry dinosaur.
O’Donnell, who has been publicly feuding with Trump for more than a decade, shared a link to the game over the weekend, and the furor has been gathering ever since.
- The game was created by an app developer named Justin Hook and has been played more than 2.5 million times.
- Critics lashed out at Rosie, with one Tweeting: "Interesting - you got bent out of shape with the CNN memes but this is okay? Hypocrisy thy name is Rosie" while another pointed out, "One can dislike the President whomever he/she is, without suggesting any type of violence. Lead by example."
- Less than two months ago, fellow comedian Kathy Griffin got into hot water for posing a picture of herself with a bloodied Trump mask.
- Griffin lost a number of lucrative endorsement deals and high-profile jobs, including her gig co-hosting the annual NYC New Year’s Eve festivities with Anderson Cooper on CNN.
AMANDA SEYFRIED ADMITS TO TAKING ANTIDEPRESSANTS WHILE PREGNANT
Amanda Seyfried has always been open about her struggles with mental health.
Now, the new mom is saying she stayed on antidepressants while she was pregnant. She told Dr. Berlin’s Informed Pregnancy podcast: "I didn’t get off my antidepressant. It’s really for anti-anxiety for me. I’ve been taking Lexapro for years and years and years, and I didn’t get off of it. I was on an extremely low dose."
- Seyfried, who is married to Life in Pieces actor Thomas Sadoski, was diagnosed with OCD when she was 19, she said. They welcomed their first child, a girl, in March.
- "It was just perfect. It was quiet and beautiful, and it was the best moment of my life for sure," she said of the birth. "And I would do it again in a heartbeat."
- It was notable that she opened up about it, becaue taking antidepressants is considered by many to be controversial while pregnant.
- One Ob/Gyn tells Us Weekly: "They may be associated with an increased risk of babies born with a serious respiratory disorder, but the increased risk appears to be less than previous research has suggested. With expecting moms we discuss the risks and then determine if the risk outweighs the benefit. If they have severe depression and anxiety, then meds are needed."
ANDREW GARFIELD SAYS 'GAY MEN' COMMENTS WERE TAKEN OUT OF CONTEXT
A week after getting slammed for his description of himself as a "gay man right now just without the physical act," Andrew Garfield, 33, is clarifying his comments and saying they were "twisted" and "taken out of context."
Speaking to BBC’s Newsbeat, Garfield said: "That discussion was about this play and how deeply grateful I am that I get to work on something so profound. It’s a love letter to the LGBTQ community. We were talking about, ‘How do you prepare for something so important and so big?’ and I was basically saying, ‘I dive in as fully as I possibly can.'"
- Garfield plays a gay man with AIDS named Prior Walter in the West End production of the classic Tony Kushner play Angels in America. During a Q&A in London, he was asked how he had prepared for the role.
- He reportedly said: "As far as I know, I am not a gay man. Maybe I’ll have an awakening later in my life, which I’m sure will be wonderful and I’ll get to explore that part of the garden, but right now I’m secluded to my area, which is wonderful as well. I adore it, but a big concern was what right do I have to play this wonderful gay role?"
- Garfield then went on to say that he prepared for the role by watching RuPaul’s Drag Race with friends.
CAITLYN JENNER CONFRONTS JIMMY KIMMEL ABOUT MOCKING HER TRANSITION
Caitlyn Jenner confronted Jimmy Kimmel about the jokes he made about how she looked before she announced that she was transitioning in 2015.
The I Am Cait star was unabashed during her Jimmy Kimmel Live! appearance, saying: "When you deal with this issue, every story is a different story. Every journey is a different story. I am not a spokesperson for the trans community," she said. "I’m only really a spokesperson for my journey and then take my platform, which I have, and see if I can make a difference in the world."
- She said that for her, the struggle between gender and identify was dead serious, brushing aside Kimmel’s attempt to introduce levity to the conversation.
- "Why has gender and my identity been an issue in my life since I was this big?" she continued. "And I just go to the point where fortunately I had raised ten wonderful children. Kris Jenner and I, we had gone our separate ways — not because of gender issues, but because of other things. And there I was back in Malibu all by myself, and so I slowly went through, told all my children, because it had been just hammered all over the media for the longest time."
- She hammered it home, saying: "In fact, guys like you, making some jokes…"
- Kimmel stood up for himself, saying he didn’t understand the root of the issue at the time.
- "Right, but we didn’t know what was happening," Kimmel said. "We thought you were just vain. … We didn’t know what was going on. I’m sorry about that, by the way."
- Jenner was gracious, saying: "I accept your apology. I don’t know if you saw when I was on Jimmy Fallon, I gave him a real hard time."
COLUMBUS SHORT ADMITS COCAINE ADDICTION DURING 'SCANDAL'
During an appearance on the Wendy Williams Show Tuesday, Columbus Short opened up about his drug addiction. The actor was promoting his new film True To the Game along with the rest of the cast when he admitted that Scandal actually paid for him to go rehab.
Referencing his marriage to ex wife Brandi Short, Short said that he was in a toxic relationship. However, he maintains that he was never physically abusive to her. "Was I abusing drugs and alcohol? Yes. Have I ever abused a woman? No. Maybe with my words possibly. But I’ve never put my hands on a woman," he said.
Columbus, who was fired after season three, also revealed his Scandal colleagues probably knew that he was high, he said, "I think they did. Kerry yanked my coat tails a couple times. She would say ‘Pull it together,’ basically. We’re in a high-powered, high-octane situation. I would get embarrassed."
He added, "I wouldn’t show up to work high. It was a very secretive thing for me. So we’d the cast get together a lot, so when I’m dipping off and going to the bathroom… you know. Me, I was off. The thing about addiction is you think you’re getting off on people and you’re not and the only person you’re fooling is yourself."
AMAL CLOONEY DONS STUNNING MINI-DRESS FOR DINNER DATE WITH GEORGE: Just one month after giving birth to twins, Amal Clooney is ready to hit the town in style! The 39-year-old lawyer and her husband George Clooney went out with producer Ben Weiss and his wife in Lake Como, Italy, Tuesday night. Amal was all smiles in a short yellow sundress and heels, while George paired a light short-sleeved button-down with dark pants. Amal and George welcomed Alexander and Ella on June 6th. Earlier this month, the whole family flew into Lake Como, where they have a vacation home.
MAYIM BIALIK SHOWS OFF PENNY WORTH OF EARNINGS FROM DOOGIE HOWSER, M.D. APPEARANCE: The Big Bang Theory star Mayim Bialik showed off her earnings from a 1990 appearance on ABC’s Doogie Howswer, M.D. She captioned the paystub: "That’s right. GROSS was $0.02. NET to me: $0.01." Don’t feel too bad for her though: she now reportedly brings in $450,000 per episode for her hit CBS show! The Big Bang Theory returns for its season 11 premiere on September 25th.
MOMMY SHAMERS COME FOR PINK WHEN SHE COOKS WITH HER BABY: Pink posted a photo of herself cooking with son Jameson Moon strapped to her chest Monday night and the Internet went wild. Commenters jumped on the multitasking mom calling it plain old "wrong." One commenter lashed out, saying Pink is "ridiculous to put a child in a dangerous situation," while another shared that when she cooked with her baby, the child was strapped to her in a more protected fashion: "Always wore my kid while cooking but I had her in a BACKpack... Too many things could go wrong while cooking." Still, a lot of moms had Pink’s back. One wrote: "The mom shaming has to stop," adding that "My daughter cooked with me from the time she was a baby, it was a beautiful experience that we still share today." Do you think Pink was being irresponsible?
CHRIS HEMSWORTH WANTS CHARLIZE THERON TO PLAY 007: Daniel Craig is reportedly on deck to play James Bond for the fifth time in the next 007 film, but Chris Hemsworth has a revolutionary casting idea. Speaking to W magazine about Charlize Theron’s latest film Atomic Blonde, Hemsworth said he’d like her to play Bond. "She’s smart as hell. She’s physically able. Ya know watching her in those fight scenes, doing it in high heels by the way and 8-foot long gown in Snow White and the Huntsman, was even more impressive," Hemsworth said. "And I just think why not? It’s time." Think Theron would make a good Jamie Bond?
SHAWN AND DANA ASHMORE WELCOME FIRST CHILD: X-Men star Shawn Ashmore and his wife Dana have announced the birth of their first child. Shawn made the announcement on Instagram (where else?), including a sweet shot of their baby boy’s hand, and captioning it: "Couldn't be more in love with my new baby boy and my incredible wife."
THE BACHELORETTE’S RACHEL LINDSAY OPENS UP ABOUT FIANCE: On ABC’s The Bachelorette, Rachel Lindsay is down to her final three suitors, and viewers are itching to see who she picks. But Lindsay is feeling quite content. She told People at a Sports Illustrated Fashionable 50 Event in Hollywood: "I love my fiancé. I just saw him yesterday. We just finished having our little rendezvous. We called it Happy Couples Weekend." The 31-year-old attorney admits that getting engaged on reality television does have its downside: "He’s got to answer to family and friends, and so do I. And that’s the kind of stuff we didn’t prepare for — that’s what makes it a little harder." Who do you want Lindsay to end up with? The Bachelorette airs Mondays at 8 p.m. on ABC.
MTV SIGNS ON FOR NEW TAKE ON TEEN WOLF: Just weeks before Teen Wolf’s final 10 episodes land, MTV is looking for a new outlet for the franchise. MTV is in early talks with creator and showrunner Jeff Davis to turn Teen Wolf into an anthology, according to The Hollywood Reporter. The reboot would feature a new cast, with some old favorites. Also, after the show wraps this summer, the story will reportedly continue in podcast form. MTV also recently turned Scream into an anthology. Do you want the Teen Wolf story to continue?
@MIDNIGHT TO END RUN AFTER 600 EPISODES: After four seasons, two Emmy Awards and 600 episodes, @midnight With Chris Hardwick will come to an end next month. @midnight’s final week will kick off July 31st and will end on Friday, August 4th to mark its 600-episode milestone. The decision to end the show was reportedly mutual, with Comedy Central, Hardwick and production company Funny Or Die deciding it was time. The show’s ratings have plateaued in recent months, while its lead-in, The Daily Show With Trevor Noah, has been trending up, Deadline reports. Do you tune in to @midnight?
JIM HENSON’S SON EXPLAINS KERMIT ACTOR REPLACEMENT: Brian Henson, chairman of the Jim Henson Company and son of the late Muppets creator Jim Henson, has come out to explain the contentious replacement of longtime Kermit the Frog actor Steve Whitmire. Henson told The Hollywood Reporter that he and the actor had significant disagreements about the direction the character of Kermit should take. The main reason he was let go, Henson argues, is because he was being "disrespectful in being outspoken on character issues." He added that he wished he’d parted ways with Whitmire long ago, when he sold the company to Disney in 2004. "I have to say, in hindsight, I feel pretty guilty that I burdened Disney by not having recast Kermit at that point because I knew that it was going to be a problem," he told THR. "And I have always offered that if they wanted to recast Kermit, I was all for it, and I would absolutely help. I am very glad we have done this now. I think the character is better served to remove this destructive energy around it."
KIM ZOLCIAK CONFIRMS RETURN TO REAL HOUSEWIVES: Kim Zolciak is moving back in with Bravo’s The Real Housewives of Atlanta. In an Instagram post, Zolciak wrote: "FINALLY! After many months of negotiations, I’m happy and excited to confirm that as of today my deal is done! I’m coming to play with the ladies over at RHOA." Fans of Don’t Be Tardy need not despair. The 39-year-old mother of six pledges to continue filming that series and says she has only signed on as a part-time member of the Housewives franchise. Are you ready for two times the Kim?
DESIGNATED SURVIVOR ADDS NCIS: NEW ORLEANS ALUM TO ROLLS: ABC’s Designated Survivor is welcoming Zoe McLellan to its cast as the new White House counsel. She joins other recent recruits Paulo Costanzo and Ben Lawson. The NCIS alum also previously starred on ABC’s Dirty Sexy Money.