BILL COSBY TO HOLD SEMINARS ON SEXUAL ASSAULT
Accused sexual perpetrator Bill Cosby is planning a series of town halls this summer to educate young people about sexual assault, according to TMZ.
Cosby’s spokespeople Andrew Wyatt and Ebonee Benson told Good Day Alabama that the 79-year-old comedian hopes to teach kids how to handle themselves when they’re out and about and prevent themselves from being accused of assault.
- Wyatt said: "This issue can affect any young person, especially young athletes of today, and they need to know what they're facing when they're hanging out and partying, when they're doing certain things that they shouldn't be doing."
- He then added: "And it also affects married men."
- Benson said: "The laws are changing, the statute of limitations for victims of sexual assault are being extended, so this is why people need to be educated on a brush against the shoulder."
- Cosby avoided conviction in his own sexual assault trial after the jury deadlocked and a mistrial was declared. He has been accused of drugging and assaulting dozens of women, but due to statute of limitations, he cannot be tried in most cases.
- A juror on the trial told ABC News that 10 of the 12 jurors in the assault trial wanted to convict him on two counts of aggravated indecent assault, but they were unable to move forward when the other two jurors refused to budge.
REPORT: CORINNE OLYMPIOS OF 'BACHELOR IN PARADISE' WAIVED RIGHT TO TRIAL
The Bachelor in Paradise contestant who was allegedly sexually assaulted on set is pursuing legal action against the show, despite the fact that she waived her right to trial, according to reports.
Corinne Olympios, 24, is barred from suing producers – even if they did not prevent a crime from taking place – but can still make claims against them to an arbitrator, according to the contract for the ABC series obtained by CNN.
- The terms of the contract also still allow her to press criminal charges against DeMario Jackson, 30, who allegedly assaulted her, and that case could be brought to court.
- It is unclear at this time how exactly Olympios plans to proceed, but her high-powered Hollywood lawyer Martin Singer does reportedly plan to pursue a legal case.
- This week, Warner Bros. revealed that an internal investigation found no evidence of a sexual assault taking place and said that they are restarting production of the show, which was stalled during the investigation.
- Meanwhile, Olympios’ boyfriend Jordan Gielchinsky is speaking out in support of her.
- "I have known Corinne for over 10 years and as a friend or boyfriend, she will continue to receive my unwavering loyalty and support until I decide that there is a legitimate reason not to give it," he told E! News.
- The couple reportedly started dating before she left to film Bachelor in Paradise.
- "I pay very little attention to the media and try to ignore all the conjecture surrounding my relationship with Corinne," he said. "The only two people who know the true disposition of our relationship is Corinne and I."
- Jackson has also retained a lawyer and issued a statement last week claiming that his character "has been assassinated."
- While production on the reality series has started again, Jackson has declined an invitation from Warner Bros. to rejoin the cast, TMZ reports. Sources tell the gossip site that he has been suffering from anxiety and has started seeing a therapist due to stress from the scandal.
ARIEL WINTER SLAMS STORY THAT SHE GIVES BOYFRIEND ALLOWANCE
No sugar mama here. Ariel Winter put tabloids on blast Wednesday after a report in Star magazine alleged that she gives her boyfriend Levi Meaden an allowance.
The 19-year-old fumed: "Star Magazine is obviously a non-reputable source and a trash magazine, but seriously how dare you make up stuff that you have no idea about? I have a BOYFRIEND and a PERSONAL ASSISTANT who are NOT the same person. I would NEVER pay my boyfriend any sort of allowance, nor would he ever accept if I offered. He BUYS his own stuff whether it’s for me or for himself, and he more than pulls his weight for our life. I HATE fake news…"
- She goes on to point out that Meaden has an established career himself. "He’s not just someone’s boyfriend," she added. "So if you don’t know us, don’t comment. Xoxo."
- The pair moved in together recently and got matching tattoos earlier this month.
BOOK CLAIMS TOM CRUISE JUGGLED BIBLE STUDY AND WOMEN IN THE '80s
Letting the good times roll! A new memoir from Tom Cruise’s Risky Business co-star Curtis Armstrong claims that the star was all about "Bible study and blow jobs" during the filming.
Armstrong, who played Cruise’s character’s poker buddy Miles Dalby claims he kept notes about their on-set antics during the summer of 1982.
- One night, Armstrong remembers, Cruise opted out of hitting the bars with the cast and crew, claiming he was going to stay in and read the Bible. Which sounded about right to Armstrong since Cruise "made straight arrows look like corkscrews." Until.
- "Returning late one night, I found three or four young girls — late teens, I suspect — lined up in the hall outside of Tom’s room," Armstrong writes in his memoir, Revenge of the Nerd. "I remember thinking, ‘Tom’s going to be really upset if these hot girls interfere with his Bible reading.’ So I asked them, with all the stern gravitas of my 28 years, if there was something I could do to help them."
- Armstrong continued: "They just stared at me, and at that moment, Tom’s door opened and another girl came out, adjusting her hair and taking off down the hall, while the first girl in line slipped into Tom’s room. This was a young man who knew something about time management and understood how to successfully juggle Bible study and blow jobs. I went to bed alone that night thinking it served me right for not being religious."
- Cruise emerged from Risky Business a full-blown star and Armstrong has gone on to play Booger in Revenge of the Nerds, voice Snot Lonstein in Fox’s American Dad, among dozens of other roles in film and TV. Revenge of the Nerd (Thomas Dunne Books) is out July 11th.
SCARLETT JOHANSSON GETS REAL ABOUT GROWING UP ON WELFARE
Scarlett Johansson is opening up about the struggles she faced growing up in a family that sometimes had to depend on welfare and food stamps to get by.
Speaking to James Lipton on Thursday’s episode of Inside the Actors Studio, she said: "We were living on welfare, we were on food stamps. My parents were raising four kids in a low-income household in Manhattan. So, it was a lot."
- (A preview clip was shared with Entertainment Tonight before it aired.)
- "My mom tried to be as much as a buffer as possible with that experience," she continued. "But by the time my twin brother and I came around, I think my parents' marriage, it had a lot of strain."
- The Rough Night actress also discussed her relationship with Woody Allen, 81. She told Lipton that there were a few topics that seemed to capture Allen’s interest: He "loves to talk about sex, people’s relationships, neurotic behaviors, wonton soup. All kinds of stuff."
- Johansson began acting 20 years ago at age 9. She starred in three Allen films: Match Point, Scoop and Cristina Barcelona.
- Rough Night is out in theaters now.
LEAH BLOCK APOLOGIZES FOR RACIST TWEET: The former Bachelor star Leah Block has apologized for a remark she made on Twitter about Rachel Lindsay’s season of Bachelorette. Lindsay is the first African-American contestant to star in a Bachelor franchise show. In a since-deleted tweet Block wrote: "I'm sitting here watching @BacheloretteABC and my roommate just sat down on the couch and said, 'What is this? @LoveAndHipHop_? DEAD." Lindsay responded, tweeting: "Let me know if she wants to meet Lee…they sound like they would have a lot in common #ihavetimetoday." Lindsay was referring to Lee Garrett, a contestant who has also been called out for racist tweets. In a letter posted to Facebook, Block apologized. She wrote, in part: "I come forward honestly and openly, to extend my sincere apology for the tweet from my account on Monday, June 19th regarding the current season of The Bachelorette. The tweet came from a place that humored the failure of representation of minorities in reality TV and belittled the significance of Rachel's presence on the show." Have you ever made a racist or sexist comment on social media that you lived to regret?
SHANNEN DOHERTY SHOWS OFF GROWING HAIR: Nearly two months after announcing that she was in remission from her battle with breast cancer, Shannen Doherty is showing off her new curls. The actress shared a shot from her vacation with husband Kurt Iswarienko, joking about their similar hairstyles: "I think my husband and I are morphing into each other. #Twins #curlyhairdontcare." The Beverly Hills, 90210 alum first revealed her cancer diagnosis in August of 2015. She shared her journey through chemo with grace and humor, winning her a whole new crew of fans in the process.
JOHN OLIVER, HBO SUED FOR DEFAMATION BY COAL BARON: John Oliver, HBO, Time Warner and the writers for Last Week Tonight are being slapped with a defamation suit by coal baron Robert E. Murray, owner of Murray Energy Corporation. The suit was filed June 21st. In it, Murray claims they "executed a meticulously planned attempt to assassinate the character of and reputation of Mr. Robert E. Murray and his companies." On Sunday, Oliver did indeed take aim at Murray in a segement that suggested he did not do enough to protect his workers. HBO released a statement to The Daily Beast in support of Oliver and his team, saying: "We have confidence in the staff of Last Week Tonight and do not believe anything in the show this week violated Mr. Murray’s or Murray Energy’s rights." No matter what the result of the case is, the legal action has attracted a lot of attention. At last count, the Last Week Tonight clip on Murray had surpassed 4.5 million views on YouTube.
XOSHA ROQUEMORE OF THE MINDY PROJECT WELCOMES FIRST CHILD: The Mindy Project star Xosha Roquemore recently became a first-time mom. The 32-year-old actress welcomed a baby with 25-year-old boyfriend and Atlanta actor Lakeith Stanfield earlier this month. Roquemore shared a since-deleted photo Wednesday of herself nursing, according to People. She posted a picture the day previous that appeared to show her baby’s head in the corner. "Chimimandz always coming thru w the gems and truths," the star captioned a photo of herself with the Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie book Dear Ijeawele. Roquemore made her public debut with Stanfield in 2015, and announced her pregnancy on International Women’s Day in March. Roquemore plays Tamra on The Mindy Project, which will return for a sixth and final season in September on Hulu.
PRINCE HARRY RECALLS PRINCESS DIANA’S FUNERAL, WANTS TO MODERNIZE MONARCHY: Prince Harry sat down for a candid conversation with Newsweek, looking back on his mother’s death and looking forward to the future of his country. Of Princess Diana’s funeral, he said: "My mother had just died, and I had to walk a long way behind her coffin, surrounded by thousands of people watching me while millions more did on television. I don't think any child should be asked to do that, under any circumstances. I don't think it would happen today." Following the trauma of her death, he said he "shut down" his emotions, until his brother urged him to get help. Harry also said that he sees being a royal as an opportunity. "We are involved in modernizing the British monarchy. We are not doing this for ourselves but for the greater good of the people. Is there any one of the royal family who wants to be king or queen? I don't think so, but we will carry out our duties at the right time." Do you think Harry and William are moving the monarchy forward?
RON HOWARD CONFIRMED AS STAR WARS DIRECTOR: It’s a done deal. After Disney and Lucasfilm ousted Phil Lord and Christopher Miller from helming the unnamed Star Wars Han Solo film, rumors swirled that Ron Howard was their top choice to replace them. Disney confirmed the rumors Thursday and the actor/writer/producer is reportedly headed to London’s Pinewood Studios to get cracking. The powers that be are hoping to keep the film's Memorial Day 2018 release date. The movie is high-stakes for Disney, due to fans’ adoration of the offbeat Han Solo character. He will be played by Alden Ehrenreich with Woody Harrelson, Emilia Clarke, Donald Glover, Thandie Newton and others also starring. Are you excited to see what Howard can do?
ALEXIS BLEDEL RETURNING TO THE HANDMAID’S TALE SEASON 2: Alexis Bledel is set to return to The Handmaid’s Tale for season two. She appeared as a guest star in a handful of episodes in season one, but will serve as a series regular in the upcoming season of the acclaimed Hulu drama. The Handmaid’s Tale also stars Elisabeth Moss, Samira Wiley, Yvonne Strahovski and Ann Dowd. The show is based on the classic dystopian novel of the same name by Margaret Atwood.
DOWNTON ABBEY MOVIE TO START PRODUCTION IN 2018: It’s getting real! Downtown Abbey will start production for a big screen adaptation of the blockbuster Emmy Award winning ITV / PBS series next year. NBCUniversal International Studios told the Associated Press that it hopes to bring 20 cast members in for the show, which wrapped its sixth season in the U.S. in 2016.
WET HOT AMERICAN SUMMER: TEN YEARS LATER TRAILER DROPS: The first trailer for the prequel sequel Wet Hot American Summer: Ten Years Later has dropped. On Friday, August 4th, Netflix is set to release the new eight-episode comedy, hailing from the filmmakers behind the cult classic and its prequel series, which was also released by Netflix in 2015. 10 Years Later is set in 1991 and stars original cast members Elizabeth Banks, Paul Rudd, Marguerite Moreau, Janeane Garofolo, Amy Poehler, Kristen Wiig, Lake Bell, David Hyde Pierce and many others. Bradley Cooper will not appear in the series, but does pop up in the trailer. A new group of campers will arrive too, played by Alyssa Milano, Adam Scott, Dax Shepard and others.
JURASSIC WORLD SEQUEL RECEIVES OFFICIAL TITLE FALLEN KINGDOM: Universal’s upcoming dinosaur sequel to Jurassic World has been officially titled Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom. The new title was unveiled on Twitter yesterday alongside a new poster for the film featuring the series’ signature logo and the tagline, "Life finds a way." Stars Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard are set to reprise their roles from the first film alongside original franchise star Jeff Goldblum who starred in 1993’s Jurassic Park and 1997’s The Lost World: Jurassic Park. The film will also star B.D. Wong, Toby Jones, Rafe Spall, Justice Smith, Daniella Pineda, Ted Levine, Geraldine Chaplin and James Cromwell. Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom roars into theaters on June 22, 2018.